This unusual take on tapenade was a hit at my International Women's Day party last weekend, and by popular demand, here is the recipe.
It's simple to make and takes just minutes to throw together if you use a food processor. If you're not a fan of anchovies, add them anyway. They won't give the tapenade a fishy flavor, just a salty and savory taste. No one will even guess they're in there.
You can serve this tapenade with cucumber rounds, bell pepper strips, baby carrots, celery sticks, whole grain crackers, or whole wheat pita bread.
- 12 oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, or other olives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, first cold pressing
- 1 organic, unwaxed lemon, zest plus juice, about 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 anchovy fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an air-tight container and store in the fridge for future use.