GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
These small bites are good and good for you. Raw walnuts and coconut oil add healthy fats, and cocoa powder adds antioxidants shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and cancer.
Be sure to use a good quality cocoa powder. Avoid alkalinized and Dutch-processed cocoa powders because alkalizing agents destroy healthy antioxidants.
I used a silicone mold with one-inch squares but you can use any mold or just drop spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- 6 pitted dates, Medjool or other
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp unprocessed cocoa powder
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth. Drop the mixure by spoonfuls into a silicone mold and transfer to the freezer.
- Once thoroughly chilled, unmold the squares and store them in an air-tight glass container in the fridge or freezer.
Yield: 18 (1-inch by 1-inch) squares